Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tablescape!

First off, I want to say thank you for all the kind words and support! As soon as I posted that I started a blog I received so many wonderful words of encouragement from friends and family. It was very unexpected and appreciated :) You have given me much drive to keep this blog alive and kicking! Now to the post...

Moving to a new place with no furnishings in tow (besides my bed of course) has allowed me the opportunity to decorate our apartment any way I like. Well, ok maybe not ANY way seeing that I am a lover of all things pink and sparkly and Kellen.. well he's not. Needless to say I had to tone down the pink and stick with more neutral tones that work for us both.

In the process I have found that neutral is the way to go! I love being able to accentuate the neutral colors with throw pillows, flowers and candles instead of swimming in a pool of color. However, I can't deny that if one day I have my own office it will be bursting with color :)

One of my favorite furniture pieces in our apartment is the dining table. It's simple yet still exudes a sense of rustic/shabby chic charm. I have always been a fan of the long farm tables (probably from all of the beautiful tables I have had the chance to work with at weddings & styled shoots) but our little apartment isn't quite fit for a big table. When I came across this table (thanks to an old roommate) I was smitten. Not only is it the perfect size but it's also just my style.

That being said, I wanted to share with you a few pictures just to give you a taste of our apartment and to show you my tablescape. It's very simple.. still have some things to add, but I figure it's a good start!









That's my table on a normal day-to-day basis. Like I said, it's very simple but still has some fun elements and textures.

As an added bonus I decided to add a few more things to dress up the table as if I were having a couple friends over for dinner. Not too much is different but I just wanted to give you an idea of how some silverware, place cards, and rosé can jazz up a tablescape a bit more :)





I hope you enjoy! Until next time.. 

xo, 
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment